custom

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bridesmaid Beauties!

Time was ticking, and bridesmaid dresses needed to be decided on ASAP in order to allow shipping and alteration time. With that, Danielle, Katie, and I set out to search for a dress that we could present to the out-of-town bridesmaids. I also hoped this would help give me a clearer idea of what the "wedding colors" would be.

Who would have thought that picking out the bridesmaid dresses would be waaaaay more stressful than my wedding gown? Well it was. The thought of picking something out for six other girls, while trying to stay sensitive to everyone's thoughts made it hard. I wanted them to be comfortable, have something they can wear again, be within a price range, and of course compliment my dress! I had a few criteria such as fabric sheen and color vicinity that I wanted to stay in.

We set out to a few stores, but found the best bridesmaid dress selection at Priscilla of Boston! Here's a few pics of the girls shopping....
Picking out a variety of dresses to try on!

Although this isn't the dress we picked out, they still look so pretty!
After trying a few more stores and texting pics of the best dresses to the other bridesmaid beauties, I made a decision. I was even able to use some sweet negotiating skills to get "Krissy's Crew" a better deal!

Only, as I mentioned before (and I see is an increasing pattern), when I get close to making that absolute final decision I start to rethink it. Soooo after some more back and forth confusing, stressful days, looking at a few other stores I hadn't checked out yet, and revisiting Priscilla of Boston, I REALLY made my final decision about a week later.

The dress we picked out is fun, and I could immediatley see that as they started dancing around the room, twirling each other in the dress when trying on. You'll also notice a variety, as again I can't pick one uniform thing as any other normal person! Ah, I'm weird! But I think it will look good and be a cool way to still have the variety I want in a cohesive manner, and differentiate the maid of honors a bit. :)

And although I won't post a pic of the exact dress (hey, there's no fun in giving everything away!), I will show you the AWESOME bridesmaid shoes Danielle, Lauren and I found a few months later.

BAM!


Phew, glad that one is checked off the list!

XoXo,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment