custom

Sunday, July 10, 2011

E-Session and Save the Dates!

With the engagement session creeping up on us, Gary and I were busy prepping. This included working out and eating healthier (I was seriously counting calories on my phone app, and it worked!), a bit of primping, and completed with a small shopping trip to gather props. Once prepared, we were excited to meet up with our photographer, "D" of Elegant Imagery for our e-session in downtown Cocoa Beach. My mom even came along to help out, plus watch over our puppy Milo so we could get a few shots with him!

March 9th was a beautiful day, and we started at our first location on a dock overlooking the bay. We wanted to incorporate a few fishing inspired shots since that's how Gary proposed. Out of nowhere, as we're walking to the dock it became SOOO extremely windy that I couldn't even walk without holding my dress down, otherwise I'd pull a Marilyn Monroe! That meant my hair (which I spent hours curling to perfection) was swirling around like crazy in this pseudo tornado. Well, D was still able to pull off some great shots, but we had to improvise with the fishing pole since the wind didn't work with our prop plans. Here's some of my fav shots from this location...


From there, we went to a few spots around the downtown Coca beach area. Of course, once we left the dock there wasn't a lick of wind, but the damage had already been done to my poor curls. I guess everything happens for a reason though, because we also took some shots on the beach after, and the "beachy hair" look worked out! lol! We even rented these sweet beach cruisers for the beach shots which were soooo fun because Gary and I love riding bikes. Here's a few of my fav shots from the session...

Gary spliced together a few of our fav similar shots to create this mini collage.

Our little family, look how Milo is posing! <3

D got this on the first shot!

Getting those letters to stay on the umbrella was not easy!

The frame motif goes along with our art museum venue!

Our logo in the sand.
The dress I'm wearing was my Mother's in high school!
I could post a million more of my fav pics, but why don't you check out the rest of our e-session here.

With the pics complete, we were rushing against the clock to get our Save-The-Dates out. We were debating between two pics, but decided that one of the beach ones would be best. The beach kind of defines us, plus we're getting married in a beachy area (although not on the beach). We also knew we wanted to do a magnet so people could easily put it on their fridge. After much research, we found a company called Magnet Street that had awesome layouts! Here's the final product!




Hope you like them!

xoxo,

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment