custom

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our Snazzy Invitations

I had to do a post on our beautiful invitations because they came our AWESOME! I really am pleased with how they came out; pretty snazzy if I do say so myself!

(Yeah that's right, I brought that word back....snazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy)

When researching, we debated working with a local company or finding someone online. In the end, I found a style that we both LOVED online, so we started there. The style was perfect for our event. Unique, dramatic, artsy, and described an outdoor, night, garden wedding perfectly. We found the design at the same place we ordered our Save the Dates, Magnetstreet.com.
The only problem, or so I thought, was that I definitely wanted to incorporate our heart monogram logo, and also certain items like a matching envelope liner that they didn't have online. I also wanted people's names printed in purple because I was not about to hand address all of those myself, and I knew it would look much better. That also didn't seem to be an option. Additionally, I wanted to use a pocket type of invite so I needed something to "hold it together." After some digging and discussions with the company, I found that they could indeed fulfill all of my requests! YESSSS!!!!

It was confusing at first trying to do the customization online since this is something they don't promote, but once I had someone on the phone it was a much easier process. I was able to tell them exactly what I wanted, and I worked with their graphic designer a bit and finalized the proofs. They even graciously put a rush on my order as I was again working against the clock.

While I was waiting for that order to come in, I knew I wanted to use a custom stamp to give the outer envelope a little pizazz. After all, the inner envelope would have the liner, so the outer one needed something, right? I found a great sale at a company I've known about for awhile, Zazzle.com, and those stamps came in extremely quick to my surprise!


I love the HUGE, glossy, custom logo stamps we got from Zazzle!

When my invitation order came in, Gary and I had THAT night to put them together, stuff them, and get them out the mail the next day. We were leaving for a trip, and needed to get them in the mail asap. We both got to stuffing! I printed out a guest list and numbered it, then put the same corresponding number on each RSVP cards in light pencil, realllllly small in the corner. I read that this would come in handy if someone sent the card back forgetting to fill in their name, and boy did it! Also armed with double-sided sticky tape to secure the band around the pocket invite/the envelope liner, we got to working like an assembly line.

The invitation spread.

Here's a bunch of pics so you can see the finished product!

Front of pocket invite.

Back of pocket invite.

Don't worry Lauren, I blocked out your address! LOL
Ready to be mailed! Broda, you don't live there anymore so your address isn't blocked out.
So there you have it! Thank you everyone for the nice comments and texts about them. Also, if you haven't mailed back your RSVP card yet (they are a postcard and already have a stamp, just place them in the mail directly), please do so asap. I'm working on getting the final count for food orders. If you lost your RSVP card, then please email me your food choice NOW to kbarnhart1112@gmail.com.

Choices are:

Salmon
Chicken
Baby Shrimp & Grits
Vegetarian

Thank you! Love you all!!!

<3

Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment