custom

Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Bridal Shower!

Gary and I went up to Pensacola for the 4th of July, and the following weekend I was excited for my shower. July 9th was my fantastically fabulous bridal shower hosted by my Maids of Honor (and sisters) Lauren and Danielle! It was absolutely perfect!

My family has this unique little place we go to for special occasions like Mother's Day, and I always said when I get married that I'd want my shower there. Well, my sisters made it happen! The place is the cutest, girliest, frilliest little tea room with AMAZING food and tea. It's called The Garden Gate Tea Room, and is located in quaint downtown Mt. Dora!

The adorable invitations!
It was amazing to have friends and family gather for little ole me! I was even lucky enough to have people travel in for the event like my Future Mother-In-Law from Pensacola, my bridesmaid Nicole and MOH Lauren from Ft. Lauderdale, my long-time family friend Denise all the way from Indiana, and my Aunt Patti all the way from Kentucky! I was so pleasantly surprised!

As soon as people started filing in, Katie and Nicole greeted everyone and had them participate in several bridal games/activities. Once the food started coming in (which again - amazzzzing), we started playing even more games! This ranged from trivia questions Gary had pre-answered that I had to guess (tricky!), the "what's in your purse" game, and even a spin on Bingo for the gift-opening portion. Nicole was also doing a terrific job as a photographer and captured all of the details. Here's some pics (not the ones Nicole took, but I'll have those up soon)!

I snuck a peak at the room as they were setting up!

Such pretty decor! Love the shabby chic look.

These mini teacups were shower favors for everyone in addition to candy in a mini glass slipper!

Danielle, Lauren, my Mom, Me, my future Mother-In-Law Cindy, and my Auntie Patti!

Open a few gifts, eat dessert, open a few gifts, eat dessert. Best pattern ever! LOL.

The girls with adorable tea room hats!

Krissy's Crew (minus Tiff and Broda - missed you girls!).
I always feel humbled yet thankful when people shower me with gifts, which I found is something that happens at a shower! Thanks to everyone, I'm now so prepared and ready to cook, clean, decorate, and even more prepared for the Big Day! I won't get into too many details and I absolutely love everything, but I HAD to give a special shout out to my Aunt Patti and show you what she put together....this was just one of her thoughtful gifts, a hand-made Barnhart generation recipe book!


So there you have it! It's definitely times like these I realize how blessed I am to have these wonderful people in my life. Thank you to my wonderful sisters for making this day happen! I love you!

<3

Krissy

1 comment:

  1. Love the post Krissy! I can' believe the big day is only 14 days away!!! I can't wait to see one of my besties tie the knot :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete