custom

Saturday, June 4, 2011

We are Warriors

Okay, so I'm not going to make this post long, but I wanted to let you guys know about the most fun race EVER. It's called the Warrior Dash, and it's an annual 5k in the boonies where people dress up in ridiculous costumes, run in the mud, jump over fire, race over obstacles, and pretty much be awesome. :-)

This was the first year we had actually heard of the Warrior Dash, and Gary was determined to get a group of friends together and participate. I was all for it, but a little nervous as well....I've never been a "runner," but I've always wanted to try a 5k.

I'm happy to say we came, we saw, we conquered.

Check. It. Out. ....

Part of the Warrior Crew! Gary, Me, Johnny, Katie, and Laura.

Chest Bump!

Warriors are rewarded with beer....

....and turkey legs. Nom nom!

I guess Katie didn't get the memo...warriors don't smile.

If you feel like checking it out, you can watch a video of us jumping in the mud HERE. I have to say, after almost losing a shoe in the mud, getting caught on barbed wire, and walking an elevated plank, I will definitely be back next year! Warrior Dash is held all over the nation, so make sure to check out their 2011 locations. I highly recommend it!

<3

Krissy

1 comment:

  1. haha sounds great. Wish I could've been there, next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete